Monday, October 24, 2011

First post and Introduction



This Blog is about my Son's and I adventure in making a 4 ft by 3 ft Ultimaker which is a open source 3d printer. first a little bit of history.

We have both been involved in 3d printers since for the most part the beginning of the www.RepRap.org project.
My son Nick Wattendorf while watching Arc Attack at the 2011 Worlds Makers Fair in NY this past year got a idea to make a large Ultimaker so he knew about a 4 ft by 3 ft laser cutter and the rest is well in the works and is why I am writing this blog.

What I am planing on blogging

I plan on blogging about the steps that was involved in the modifying of the Ultimaker files the issues we have and the laser cutting steps, trials, and adventure..

What we are using for tools

CAD software
We are using Qcad Professional (it is a great 2d cad program) to layout the parts.

laser cutter
The laser cutter is a part of Make-it-Labs it is a Rabbit Laser RL-80-1290 150 watt tube laser.




1 comment:

  1. Hello i like to build an ultimaker but i can't find any plans. Thanks

    Pls send me more info to sadakiel@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete